I've noticed something that I find a little annoying. Everytime there is a concert and a non-Ghanaian artist is on the bill (or more specifically, one whose music WE are not familiar with), Ghanaians don't really appreciate. You'll hear some small applause and that's it.
It seems to me that we only like famiiar music and if something new is to catch on, then it has to be forced on us and played and played and played. We don't like anything because it's nice but because we have heard it so many times that we are used to it. What is that?
Do we have to be told something is nice before we enjoy it? Why don't WE appreciate international artistes? Because all the ones I've seen (Jozi, Richard Bona for example) were good. Is giving them some small 'fans' difficult? Even just to be nice. Or must we wait for DJs to tell us it is nice and assault our ears with it over and over before we appreciate?
Let's think for ourselves for a change.
Any opinions?
I personally think that,people refuse to be themselves.we only follow what others think is great.we stop thinking for ourselves and allow others to influence our decision making.now,that's wack! lol !
ReplyDeletelike mantse would say 'robot sheep'...he is soooo right eeeh
ReplyDeleteI saw Jozi perform at the GMAs and yes I do agree with what you are saying. Most of the applause came when they performed 'Muthaland' which was super hiped by miss naa on yfm; their other tracks received a more lukewarm applause. It will change when Ghanaians learn to let go and be loose in public. I remember a time when you go to parties and everyone would seated watching the two idiots on the dance floor dancing because they're too shy or scared lol.
ReplyDelete